Monday, March 28, 2011

Inspiration!

Today is the first day of my "new" life.  Thanks to a friend that has inspired me, I plan to start dieting (again) and working out hard-er.  I mean business.  If I want to feel comfortable in front of people (family) in a bathing suit in a few short months, then I need to get serious!

So what am I going to do about it? 

Workout-

Join a gym....NO....not enough extra money for that one.  I will use my Comcast On Demand workouts that I have come to love....they start out easy enough and help you build.  Plan on 30 minutes a day with that...plus trying to take the kids for a 1 mile walk through our plan everyday (as long as the weather permits).

FOOD-

Join a group....NO...again...not enough extra money to join one.  I was doing really well at emailing my daily intake to a personal trainer a few months ago, till money crunched us, and could not continue with the training part.  So...instead, I will use my blog to tell everyone what I ate for the day - EVERYTHING!  Feel free to comment.

Help/Discipline-

My kids, especially my daughter, at four years old, love to tell me how I look.  She tells me the truth - when I look nice, or bad, or well FAT!  I am asking you all to help with that too....keep me on track! 

Weigh-ins-

I plan to weigh myself every Monday morning.  This should be fun! sarcasm.

So....here I go...I am about to put it all out there.  The BIG number:

190!

I am sure that the month of April will be hard for me.  I have my daugther's friend birthday party, with cake, my daughter's family birthday party, good food and cake, Easter-chocolate....oh boy....I will probably have small pieces at each...I have learned that depriving myself is worse...I end up binge eating to make up for not having a piece.   So here we go....let the day begin...

1 comment:

  1. go get em girl!! food journaling realllly works!! i also record my workouts. up your water intake and fiber... and my #1 bottom line for me is... my weight loss is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS in DIRECT PROPORTION to how much and how often i am eating fruits n veggies! seriously, it works. and portion control. i eat every 3 hrs, as long as its healthy, it's great! and dark choco kisses r a great tiny treat thru the day! they totally own me. ha! if you have any ?'s just ask, id love to help... health feels so wonderful!! keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete