Sunday, April 3, 2011

I could just explode!

I am sure all Mommys have had these kind of moments, but my daughter is just driving me faster and faster into that wall....the wall that will make this Mommy EXPLODE!  I understand, she is coming down off a "high" of sorts.  An Easter Egg Hunt Friday night, her Princess birthday party Saturday....but how she acted at church this morning and the rest of today has just been the straw that broke THIS camels back!  She took a tantrum of sorts during the service, so much that I had to leave the service and walk to the back of the church...don't worry Ididnt leave her alone, she was with my parents, but I needed it...otherwise my whole congregation would have seen me explode on her.  After the service I told her that I was not going to put up with it, and she was going to get into trouble.  We went down for donuts before Sunday School and she got upset because there was not a donut with jimmies, they were gone, I told her she could have another kind, and she started yelling.  I took her out of the room and yelled at her again.  She then asked for a sugar, and reached in and took.  The only way she was good with it was while her aide from preschool was with her. Can you believe this? She cant be good for me, just for her teacher and aide.  So on the way up to Sunday School, she was backtalking....as soon as she saw my co-teacher she was fine...after SS....mouthy again.  So...I ask....why me? Why is she this way to me? WHY?!  Please...someone out there....

We went to my mom's tonight for cake, it is her birthday, afterwards when we got home...it was time to put pj's on.  She didnt want any of the pj's we got out....she wanted pj's that were already dirty...tough.  So what does she do? Throw a tantrum.  Daddy told her that we would cut a shirt of ours for her to wear...so we did....give in...I hate this! Then she didnt want it. She got a smack on the bum and put in her room.  I have had it.  Then she started kicking the door, yelling...I went in, smacked her bum again and told her she was to put on what I said.  She is finally settled down.

So what am I doing wrong? Is this really what all the spoiling did from everyone when she was younger? She goes for a 4  year check up tomorrow.  I plan to bring this all up with the doctor. 


I am just about to give up!

1 comment:

  1. They say kids save their worst behavior for who they are most comfortable with!! I believe it!

    You probably have to stop giving in, who cares if you make a scene in public and everyone stares at you, we've all been there lol

    I don't hit, I do time outs! Have you tried that? They haaaaaaaaaaate not getting attention for a whole 4 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete