Sunday, August 29, 2010

How different they are...

Hello to all, I am new at this, so excuse anything that might seem weird to you.

I was reading a magazine last night and the article was about blogging.  I thought I would give it a try, so here it goes...

I have two small children, my daughter, N, is 3 and a half, my son M, is 11 months.  When  my daughter was younger, she didn't really get into much trouble.  She would sit and play quietly or watch what was on tv.  My son, is the exact opposite.  This morning, I was in the bathroom, doing normall bathroom activity.   M came marching in, with a Handy Manny tool in one hand, and a pink mega lego block in the other.  Since I had a sick feeling in my stomach that he might try to get to the toilet, I grabbed him up and said, "no, no no!"  As I was saying those very words, he threw the mega block into the toilet.  Now...our toilet is a little strange.  Everytime you flush, the water goes down, then comes back, then goes down again.  He of course threw it on the second time the water was going down....thus the lego was gone!  I had even stuck my hand in, to try and catch it before it went all the way...no luck.  I instantly flipped because I knew, with my luck, that this toilet would start to back up throughout the day, overnight, and of course, then explode tomorrow while my husband is at work.  See I have a little bit of experience with this, my sister and brother, when they were 2 and 3, decided to throw a Winnie the Pooh figurine down my parents toilet, the next day, the toilet backup and there was poo everywhere,...literally....I am dreading tomorrow.   So, after all this happened, my husband plunged...and plunged...and plunged....nothing...let's hope that this lego block is making a fish in the Mon happy now! 

The funniest part was afterwards, when I was having my first cup of coffee of the day, yes all this before coffee! ... can you imagine?  ... Anyway...I said to my daughter, "oh N, I am so glad that we had you first, because if we had M first, he would have been an only child!" My husband rang in from the kitchen,...."you just read my mind."   It is crazy how different they are.  Night and Day!  I know boys get into a lot more than girls, but geeze.  I can  only hope that this gets easier..I fear though that it won't.

4 comments:

  1. yay! you'll enjoy it, blogging, i mean. it's so much fun to look over the posts later and see what your kiddos were up to. good luck! (with the blog and the toilet! i know you're pain. my buddy put a round ball in the toilet that was just the right size to fill the hole, thus making it near impossible to remove. it took me hours trying to figure that one out. ugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope the toilet is ok! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny :) once your blog gets going, you can have it made into a hardback book, much like a year book. i plan on printing yearly as nice family journals for us all to look back through. welcome to the bloggy world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete